Reducing stress at work and at home can be accomplished by taking some time off for yourself
The idea of taking time out for yourself can seem useless to all you go-getters and overachievers out there. You’re probably thinking, “I ain’t got time for that. How the heck am I supposed to go read a book or take a walk when I have SO much to do!” We get that, but in the long run, perfecting your self-care routine will actually enable you to continue to produce at a high level rather than falling apart right before a huge deadline.
Don’t beat yourself up for putting your feet up
First things first, get rid of the idea that taking time for yourself is luxurious and a form of slacking on your work. Taking breaks from staring at your computer screen watching endless amount of emails pile up in your inbox is a good thing. These small breaks throughout the day will revive your mind and eyeballs (blink every now and then when you’re staring at that screen!) allowing you to start fresh after the brief time away from your desk.
Self-care ideas that anyone can fit into their day
Cool, so you’re in, right? Here are some self-care tips to be the best, non-stressed, refreshed and focused version of yourself! (Oh, and p.s. these tips are used by celebrities according to Self.com. If they can find time for themselves, so can you!)
- Fit in at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. This could be a walk at lunch, or an insanely tough sweat sesh. The idea is to give your brain a break and get some “you time” in.
- Spend time with fuzzy friends. Have your own pup or cat to cuddle up with at home? Great! Need to borrow one? Volunteer with MSPCA or another local animal shelter to get your cuddles in.
- Take a few seconds throughout the day and breathe. Yep, this is exactly what it sounds like. Detach from whatever you’re working on and focus on your breathing to regain some zen before you jump back into your work.
- Get some laughing in. Skip your evening workload for a meet up with friends and get your happy on! Sure, you might have to get back to the work you set aside later on or the next morning but the smiles brought on by your get-together will keep you going!
- Turn off all devices. Choose a certain time frame and shut down all your gadgets. Trade your cellphone for a scented candle and decompress for the night. Social media, email, and texts will be waiting for you in the morning.
Finally, it’s always a good idea to eat healthy whenever you want to have some self-care time (even if you can cheat now and then). Your mental health and physical health are more closely related than you may realize. LeanBox is a great way to make your office time healthier and relax with co-workers.
If you need a squad to get some smiles and laughs in with, come on over to LeanBox HQ! We’re really good at smiles 🙂