The team that eats together, succeeds together
Eating together has been proven to increase team performance at work. Eating together makes employees more engaged, committed to the team, productive and outright happier. This goes beyond just working lunches or meetings. Actually getting to know each other and making real friendships can mean the difference between burnout and happiness. The more stressful the work, the more employees need those interpersonal bonds to do well. Even for employees who normally work alone or remotely, it is important to connect with coworkers. Still, so many of us are eating at our desks, alone, or on our phones in the break room.
Why eat together
- Creates a culture of belonging, ownership and collaboration
- Improves job performance
- Improves teamwork
- Improves engagement
- Reinforces healthy behaviors
- Reduces burnout
Creating a workplace wellness culture of happy, healthy employees with food can be easier than you think. Eating together is an easy way to greatly improve performance and wellness. Eating together is a natural way we all connect to each other, and a key to team success. Here are some easy steps to get you started.
- Just Ask. Invite your coworkers for lunch, snack or a coffee break. Of course, we highly suggest a Leanbox break. Having on-trend healthy snacks and beverages your team wants is an easy way to getting employees to eat together. All you have to do is ask.
- Make space. Make sure your environment is primed for eating together. Ample space with comfy seating, tables and cozy decor where people want to gather will help employees connect.
- Share. Don’t just share hummus, ask questions about each other’s lives and hobbies beyond work projects.
The team that eats together, succeeds together. Eating together has incredible benefits in employees’ wellness and happiness in the workplace. Encouraging shared meals at work increases collaboration, engagement, and performance. What’s not to love?