Motivational posting can help you and your co-workers re-energize
At LeanBox, we have a habit of posting the “quote of the day” on a whiteboard. What we call our “motivational wall.” If you follow our Instagram feed (@leanbox😉 ) you may have caught a few of our posts.
We like this practice. Along with keeping up healthy habits, it helps us re-energize. We all find ourselves in a little mid-day slump. Think of your sales or recruiting team. They probably deal with more rejection than anyone else at your company.
Don’t worry, you’re not the first to face rejection
Before every signed contract, they respond to countless emails, sift through hundreds of prospects, spend more of their time meeting with people, and still receive a sharp, “why does this matter anyway?” It can be hard to power through all the “no” before landing a “yes.”
You know who else has dealt with rejection? Some of the world’s greatest leaders. They also persevered through the hard times and failure was their key to success. Feeling inspired by some of the world’s greatest thinkers and business people boosts spirits.
List of workplace motivational quotes
Want to ignite your team? Start a motivational wall. Here are 20 quotes to re-energize your team. View the slideshow or print the list below to keep it up for the next month.
- “No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it” -Andrew Carnegie
- “People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads and the boss drives.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- “Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know that so it goes on flying anyway.” -Mary Kay Ash
- “I think whether you’re having setbacks or not, the role of the leader is to always display a winning attitude.” -Colin Powell
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” -John Quincy Adams
- “Before you are a leader, success is about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” -Jack Welch
- “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” -Sara Blakely
- “Great leaders are willing to sacrifice the numbers to save the people. Poor leaders sacrifice the people to save the numbers.” -Simon Sinek
- “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” -Ronald Reagan
- “You manage things. You lead people.” -US Navy Rear Adm. Grace Murray Hooper
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way.” -John Maxwell
- “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” -Warren Bennis
- “90% of leadership is the ability to communicate something people want.” -Sen. Dianne Feinstein
- “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” -Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “A leader is a dealer in hope.” -Napoleon Bonaparte
- “You don’t learn to walk by following the rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” -Richard Branson
- “True leaders understand that leadership is not about them but about those they serve. It is not about exalting themselves but about lifting others up.” -Sheri L. Dew
- “Management is doing things right; Leadership is doing the right things.” -Peter Drucker
- “High expectations are the key to everything.” -Sam Walton
- “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” -Rosalynn Carter